Wednesday, June 30, 2010

30 June 2010 - Psalm 103

"Praise the Lord, O my soul"
His greatness I do extol
He forgives our sins and heals our diseases
And satisfies our desires, if He so pleases
The Lord provides justice for the oppressed
Of His goodness, Moses and Israel can attest
He is compassionate and His love abounds
He does not punish us although He has many grounds
He removes our transgressions from us
Because a father's compassion He does possess
Our days are numbered and we will be no more
But He will be the same tomorrow as He was before
With those who fear Him and His teachings obey
God's love and righteousness will always stay
In heaven, He has established His throne
His kingdom rules over all the known and unknown
All the earth and heaven He doth control
Indeed, "Praise the Lord, O my soul"

There is so much to be thankful for
Of His love for me I am sure
To know that my sins He doth forgive
Makes it so much easier to live
I count my blessings each and every day
As I hope my poems do convey

No comments:

Post a Comment