Wednesday, June 30, 2010

29 June 2010 - Job 1

There was once a holy and righteous man named Job
He had family, great riches, and more than one robe
He would sacrifice a burnt offering for each son
In case they had sinned in what they had done
God considered Job blameless and upright
Satan tried to prove otherwise, using all of his might
Job's oxen and donkeys were carried away
Many sheep and servants died on the same day
His seven sons and three daughters were killed
Yet Job's great love for God was never stilled
Verse twenty one should be memorized and taken to heart
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart"
Then "The Lord giveth and the Lord has taken away"
"May the name of the Lord be praised" each and every day

This may not explain why good people have to suffer
But it does remind me that Job had it much tougher
Job was faithful through it all
Which is why his story we do recall
So to God I give thanks each time I pray
That really is the only way

No comments:

Post a Comment