Monday, January 31, 2011

31 January 2011 - Genesis 1:26-28

Then God said "Let us make mankind in our likeness"
"So that they may rule" over all creatures without stress
"So...in the image of God he created them"
"Male and female" from God did stem
"God said to them 'be fruitful and increase in number'"
"Fill the earth,...subdue it," and do not slumber

As I read this passage, three things strike me
About God, mankind, and how he wants us to be
First I note the use of 'us' in God's words
Referring to the Trinity, not implying three Lords
Second is that in His image we were made
So He must love us, do not be afraid
Third relates to the powers to us He gave
For which we should thank Him, not rave
So, dear God, please hear my prayer
For I know that you do love and care
Three purposes has your Holy Trinity
Let me allow all of them to help me
For it is only with your intervention
That I can overcome this consternation
And it is only with your awesome power
That I can make it through this dark hour

No comments:

Post a Comment