Friday, January 7, 2011

7 January 2011 - Proverbs 17:22

The words of Proverbs 17 verse 22
Serve to tell me what to do
Whether I am reading the NIV
Or The Message or the NKJV
They all talk of having "a cheerful heart"
Which is "like medicine", doing its part
They also talk of the impact of "a broken spirit"
Which "dries up the bones", so we should fear it

So dear God, please help me to remember
In this month after December
That your joy is available throughout the day
Even when things don't seem to be going my way
And let that joy reflect in me
So that others wonder how it can be
That I have such a positive outlook
(Because I read passages from Your Book)
And pleased keep my spirit unbroken
Especially when the enemy is awoken
For you are the master of us all
Winter, spring, summer, and fall

No comments:

Post a Comment