Thursday, January 27, 2011

27 January 2011 - Psalm 30:1-5

"I will exalt you, LORD" for you set me free
"And did not let my enemies gloat over me"
"LORD my God, I called to you for help" says verse two
"You healed me" and "spared me from...the pit" anew
"Sing the praises of the LORD" for He came
"You his faithful people, praise his holy name"
"For his anger lasts only a moment" says verse five
"But his favor lasts a lifetime", as long as we are alive
It continues "weeping may stay for the night"
"But rejoicing comes with the morning" light

Yes, Lord, I am thankful for your favor
It really is something to truly savor
So even when I am losing sleep
Because of things making me weep
I know that there is nothing to fear
For like morning, you will always appear
So please encourage me with your words
And help me fight the enemy's swords
Please comfort me with your love
Which is infinite, from heaven above

No comments:

Post a Comment