Wednesday, January 12, 2011

12 January 2011 - Romans 5:1-5 (redux)

"Therefore", the start of this passage sayeth
"We have been justified through faith"
"We have peace with God through Christ"
For it was his sacrifice that sufficed
"In the hope of the glory of God" we rejoice
But also in our sufferings, for we do have a choice
For "suffering produces perseverance"
Which then leads to character's appearance
From character we then get hope
Can hope disappoint us? Nope!
"For God has poured out his love into our hearts"
That is where the work of the Holy Spirit starts

I have referenced this passage several times
In testimonies, notes, and of course rhymes
But it keeps coming back into my head
Saying not to give up, to persevere instead
And whilst I know that is of course true
And I try to apply it in all that I do
I pray that these words encourage others
Especially my Christian sisters and brothers
And I pray that I may set a good example
When life's hardships on me trample
For the message that comes from these verses
And the truth Paul so aptly disperses
Is that the path to hope from suffering
Serves to reduce much of the painful sting

No comments:

Post a Comment