Saturday, January 1, 2011

1 January 2011 - Psalm 73 (redux)

This was the first devotional poem I wrote
But the message is one I can oft emote
As it touches on so much of what I feel
But I know that God has given me the tools to deal
So dear God, please help me use them
From early in the am to late in the pm
For whilst I do not know the details of your plan
I do know that you are greater than any man
So it is not for me to begin to question you
For you will be with me all the way through

"Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart"
But of the wicked and their prosperity I was envious from the start
They seem to be struggle- and problem-free
Their malice and arrogance are an affront to me
Meanwhile I have tried to keep my heart pure
But seem to be daily plagued, that's for sure
God will "cast them down to ruin", per verse eighteen
They will be destroyed for their acts obscene
I was senseless and my heart was bitter
My relationship with God I should not fritter
I should stay with him so He can guide me in every endeavour
For "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
Upon those are far from God, He will trod
"But as for me, it is good to be near God"

No comments:

Post a Comment