Thursday, January 6, 2011

6 January 2011 - 2 Chronicles 7:11-14

When the temple and the palace Solomon finished building
And the interiors of both he completed the ornate gilding
"The LORD appeared...at night", saying
"I have heard your" constant praying
This place more than suffices
"As a temple for sacrifices"
"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain"
"Or send a plague among my people" again
"If my people...will humble themselves and pray"
"And seek my face and...from their wicked ways" turn away
"Then I will hear from heaven" and lend a hand
"I will forgive their sin and will heal their land"

Humility is linked to forgiveness and healing
For me, the first step in that direction is kneeling
So dear God, as I pray to you this morning
Please let me read this passage as a warning
So that instead of trying to fix things on my own
I rely on the powers that you have so often shown

No comments:

Post a Comment