Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4 January 2011 - 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ" says verse seventeen
"The new creation has come", making us spiritually clean
"The old has gone, the new is here!"
"All this through God" who we should fear
He "reconciled us to himself through Christ" said Paul
"And gave...the ministry of reconciliation" to us all
"God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ"
"Not counting people’s sins", for His love sufficed
"We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors"
For His reconciliation restores
"We implore you on Christ’s behalf"
For not to be reconciled would be a big gaffe
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us"
"So that in him we might become...righteous"

This passage is about reconciliation
Something we all need as a new creation
Through Jesus, we are reconciled with God
Not to do with others would be rather odd
So dear God, please help me to reconcile
With everyone, no matter how I may revile
For if you can forgive my sins so many times
I can surely do the same for lesser "crimes"
And please help me to be reconciled with you
More constantly, in all I say and do

No comments:

Post a Comment