Thursday, January 13, 2011

13 January 2011 - Matthew 11:28-30 (redux)

As this passage I once again read
It is clear that Jesus' comfort is what I need
For true rest is what He can provide
And from Him nothing must I hide
For all my needs He doth know
And His arms I can never outgrow

In Matthew eleven verse twenty eight
Jesus told us not to wait
"Come to me, all you who are weary"
"And I will give you rest", it's not a theory
"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me"
"For...gentle and humble in heart" I will always be
"You will find rest for your souls" all day and night
"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light"

Jesus is there for us all the time
Relying on Him is far from a crime
For He promises to give us rest
Even when we are hard pressed

Jesus, help me with these burdens I bear
For you have plenty of strength to spare
Rejuvenate my body and my soul
For doing your will remains my goal

No comments:

Post a Comment