Friday, January 28, 2011

28 January 2011 - Psalm 31:1-14

"LORD, I have taken refuge" in your name
And "let me never be put to shame"
So take me out of this earthly mess
And "deliver me in your righteousness"
"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue"
"Be...a...fortress to save me" from what may ensue
"Since...my rock and my fortress" you will be
"For the sake of your name lead and guide me"
"Into your hands I commit my spirit" to you
"Deliver me, LORD" in all that I go through
"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction"
"And knew the anguish of my soul", for it was not mere fiction
"Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress"
My body and soul grow weak, I do confess
"My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning"
"My strength fails because of my affliction" that I am owning
"But I trust in you, LORD"
And I trust in your word

David penned these words so long ago
But it is if my life he somehow did know
There is not much that I could think to add
With God at my side, I should be happy not sad
Dear God, please let this be the case
No matter what troubles I may face

No comments:

Post a Comment