Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 January 2011 - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-18

"Acknowledge those who work hard among you"
"Who care for you...and...admonish you" too
"Hold them in the highest regard in love"
"Because of their work" for God above
"Live in peace with each other"
"And we urge you," every Christian brother
To "warn those who are idle and disruptive", says verse fourteen
And "encourage the disheartened" and let your patience be seen
"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong"
"But always strive to do what" helps people get along
"Rejoice always, pray continually"
"Give thanks" for every eventuality
"For this is God’s will for you"
"In Christ Jesus" all the way through

The message here, from the pen of Paul
Is obviously applicable to us all
For me, every line is worth a mention
But my issue is not the comprehension
I have to consistently apply what I read
In every thought, every word, and every deed
So dear Jesus, help me do this today
For I know this is the only true way

No comments:

Post a Comment