Wednesday, January 19, 2011

19 January 2011 - John 14:23-27

"Jesus replied, 'Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching'"
"My Father will love them" he continued preaching
"Anyone who does not love me will not obey my" words
"These words you hear are not my own"; they are the Lord's
"All this I have spoken while still with you"
But the Holy Spirit will now help in all you do
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you" says verse twenty seven
"I do not give to you as the world gives", but am from heaven
"Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"
For my love and protection for you will never fade

Verse twenty seven is like Psalm twenty three
Talking of the peace that Jesus brings to me
Over all earthly troubles, that peace transcends
Which of course helps me to make amends
For the love of Jesus is so immense
His power and presence are so intense
That I want to be with him through the day
For with Jesus, everything will be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment