Friday, January 21, 2011

21 January 2011 - Psalm 86:15-17

"You, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God" per verse fifteen
"Slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness" as we have seen
"Turn to me and have mercy on me" and my family too
"Show your strength,...save me, because I serve you"
"Give me a sign of your goodness" in your name
"That my enemies may see it and be put to shame"
"For you, LORD, have helped me and comforted me"
And that should be obvious for all to see

Yes, dear God, your love abounds
And your faithfulness always astounds
So although I have no right to ask
In your light please let me bask
I desire your comfort and support
So that the enemy's plans I can thwart
This can only be done with your power
That is what I call upon in this hour

No comments:

Post a Comment