Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 January 2011 - Psalm 23

"The Lord is my shepherd" this psalm reassures
For "He makes me lie down in green pastures"
"He leads me beside still waters" that He doth control
Verse three continues that "He refreshes my soul"
"He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake"
"Even though...through the darkest valley" a path I may take
"I will fear no evil, for you are with me" says verse four
"Your rod and your staff, they comfort me" evermore
"You prepare a table before me"
"In the presence of my enemy"
"You anoint my head with oil"
"My cup overflows" but does not spoil
"Surely your goodness and love will follow me"
"All the days of my life" wherever I may be
"And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever"
No matter what I may endeavour

This poem was rather hard to write
For the original words are just right
They provide so much comfort and calm
And to me, this is the ultimate psalm
So dear God, please my shepherd be
And always look after my family and me
Let me dwell in your house forever
And stray from your path never

No comments:

Post a Comment