Monday, January 24, 2011

24 January 2011 - Psalm 28: 1-2, 6-9

"To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock"
"Do not turn a deaf ear to me" or my pleas block
"For if you remain silent" continues verse one
I will be doomed when before my life is done
"Hear my cry for mercy", I appeal to your grace
"As I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place"
"Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry"
"The LORD is my strength and my shield" on high
"My heart trusts in him, and he helps me" when things are dim
"My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him"
Verse eight says "the LORD is the strength of his people"
"A fortress of salvation" for those under his steeple
"Save your people and bless your inheritance" says verse nine
"Be their shepherd and carry them forever" for they are thine

This is another psalm from David's pen
Which should mirror the words of all men
God is full of mercy and might
He helps those who are in the right
And verse nine contains truths numbering four
About God's roles - but of course there are more
It talks of our God who saves and blesses
Who shepherds and carries us out of messes
So dear God, please help open my eyes
For your powers are not a surprise
Help me to trust completely in you
And to do all that you want me to do
Help me to spread your great word
For you are my almighty Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment