Wednesday, December 8, 2010

8 December 2010 - "Despite"

I was doing some thinking last night
About the seemingly simple word "despite"
Which I often confuse with "because"
Such substitution is one of my many flaws
For instance, I know that because of my sin
Big and eternal trouble I should be in
But instead, I am extremely blessed
Despite my sin, purely at God's behest

And although I am blessed in so many ways
With family, friends, food, and peaceful days
If I were to truly put God at my core
He would bless me many times more
That is true in terms of His eternal worth
But is also true for my time here on earth

So dear God please let me remember
As I begin another day in December
Not to confuse "because" with "despite"
Especially when things seem to be going right
Help me to give credit where it is really due
Not to myself or my efforts, but only to you

No comments:

Post a Comment