Wednesday, December 15, 2010

15 December 2010 - James 1:21-25

"Therefore, get rid of all moral filth" that is malevolent
And per verse 22, "the evil that is so prevalent"
"Humbly accept the word planted in you"
Allow it to influence all that you say and do
"Anyone who listens to the word but does not" follow it
"Is like someone who looks..in the mirror" but will not admit
"But whoever looks intently into the perfect law"
"And continues in it", sticking to what he saw
And doing, not forgetting, "what they have heard"
"They will be blessed in what they do" as a reward

This message is consistent with the one yesterday
I repeated it so I did not ignore it by turning away
Dear God, please help me to cleanse my mind
To your will, allow my thoughts to be aligned
So let me read and pray - but never forget
That your Son has already paid for my debt
Because of that, I can move ahead
Trying to do what you have said

No comments:

Post a Comment