Friday, December 10, 2010

10 December 2010 - #200

Today marks the 200th poem in my blog
Writing them has been a pleasure, not a slog
I would like to think I've only just begun
Writing poems glorifying God and His Son
For what began as a weekly commitment
Has turned into an almost daily intent

Eighty three sermons have been turned to rhyme
I think the pastors for their effort and time
I've chosen passages from twenty six books
Not surprisingly, Psalms had the most looks

Each of you has blessed me in some way
With encouragement, especially on a rough day
I appreciate all that you say and do
For I have learned from each of you too
And please feel free to send me a request
It will be a pleasure; I will try my best

Over the weeks, some words continued to appear
Such as praise God, have faith, and to persevere
Not to forget prayer and serving each other
Helping out a fellow Christian brother
Throughout it all, one thing was clear
God is with me and He is always near
This gives me comfort and a sense of peace
And allows my troubles to Him release

No comments:

Post a Comment