Monday, December 6, 2010

6 December 2010 - Isaiah 42:8-12

"I am the LORD; that is my name!" says verse eight
"I will not yield my glory to another" on any date
"See, the former things have taken place"
"And new things I declare" to your face
"Before they spring into being" ends verse nine
"I announce them to you" people of mine
"Sing to the LORD a new song" of great worth
"His praise from the ends of the earth"
"Let the desert and its towns raise their voice"
"Let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice"
"Let the people...sing for joy" per verse eleven
"Let them shout from the mountaintops" towards heaven
"Let them give glory to the LORD"
"And proclaim his praise" with their word

Although from Isaiah, this reads like a psalm
Hearing such words provides a sense of calm
For this reminds all creatures great and small
That our Lord God loves them all
Words of praise should flow from my tongue
Whether I am alone or in a group among
God is great and is worthy of all praise
So to Him my hands and voice I raise

No comments:

Post a Comment