Tuesday, December 14, 2010

14 December 2010 - Luke 6:47-49

Jesus said "as for everyone who comes to me"
And puts my words into practice for all to see
"They are like a man building a house" others cannot mock
"Who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock"
"When a flood came"
The house stayed the same
It could not be shaken
For lots of care had been taken
"But the one who hears my words"
And thinks that they are for the birds
"Is like a man who built a house without a foundation"
When the rain came, it was an abomination

Jesus' words should be the foundation for my heart
For then the enemy's attacks will not start
So dear Jesus, please help me your words to read
More frequently, not just when I am in need
And help me practice what you did preach
In that way my actions may others teach

No comments:

Post a Comment