Wednesday, December 22, 2010

22 December 2010 - Psalm 38:6-22

"I am bowed down and brought very low"
All day long with mourning I go
"My back is filled with searing pain"
"There is no health in my body" yet again
"I am feeble and utterly crushed" apart
"I groan in anguish of heart"
"My heart pounds, my strength fails me"
Even my eyes can not see
"I wait for you, O Lord"
"You will answer" with Your word
"For I am about to fall"
I feel pain over all
"O Lord, do not forsake me"
From this bondage I want to be free

This is a psalm I must keep in my heart
Especially when things seem to be falling apart
For no matter how bad things may appear
I must remember that God's helping hand is near
For this I should always be glad
Even when my heart is feeling very sad
David wrote this psalm as a petition
Believing it shall be my mission

No comments:

Post a Comment