Monday, December 13, 2010

13 December 2010 - Luke 12:22-31

Jesus said to his disciples in verse twenty two
"Therefore...do not worry about your life, I tell you"
About "what you will eat or...what you will wear"
"For life is more than food", He did declare
"And how much more valuable you are than birds!"
Those are very astute and comforting words
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?"
You cannot do this; nor can you avoid strife
So "why do you worry about the rest?"
For don't you know that we are blessed?
"Do not set your heart on what you will eat"
"Do not worry about it" verse 29 does repeat
"Your Father knows that you need them"
Every day, in both the am and the pm
"But seek his kingdom" verse thirty one does tell
"And these things will be given to you as well"

These are great words to read when I do worry
They make me slow down since I am oft in a hurry
I need to spend more time focusing on God's will
My worrying heart and mind can then be still
For He alone knows my every need
And with Him I can surely succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment