Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28 December 2010 - Psalm 2

"Why do the nations conspire and the people plot in vain?"
Earthly kings and rulers treat God with disdain
But "the one enthroned in heaven laughs"
"The Lord scoffs at them" and their gaffes
Verse five says "He rebukes them in his anger"
"And terrifies them in his wrath" even further
"I will proclaim the Lord's decree"
"You are my son", he said to me
"Ask and I will make the nations your inheritance"
"You will break" the rulers without a second glance
"Therefore, you kings, be wise"
This warning do not despise
Per verse eleven, "serve the Lord with fear"
"And celebrate his rule" far and near

This is a reminder that God is in control
As such, doing His will must be my goal
So dear God, please help me to see
Everything you want me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment