Tuesday, November 9, 2010

9 November 2010 - Romans 2:1-11

"You, therefore, have no excuse"
To judge someone else and accuse
"For at whatever point you judge another"
"You are condemning yourself", my brother
"Because you...do the same things"
So in your ears judgment rings
"So when you, a mere human being"
"Pass judgment on them", you are guaranteeing
That you are walking down an inevitable path
For you will face God's judgment and wrath
"God will repay each person according to what they have done"
Determining eternal life or wrath and anger in the long run
All human beings who do evil will face "trouble and distress"
Those who do good will receive God's glory, nothing less
Remember that favoritism God does not show
But he expects more from those who better should know

These words from Paul may seem strong
But if to God's kingdom I want to belong
Then focus on my own self I clearly should
For my brother's speck is smaller than my eye's wood

No comments:

Post a Comment