Thursday, November 11, 2010

11 November 2010 - Psalm 150

"Praise God in his sanctuary" says verse one
And "in his mighty heavens" for what He has done
"Praise him for his acts of power" says verse two
"Praise him for his surpassing greatness" too
"Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet"
"Praise him with the harp and lyre" you get
"Praise him with timbrel and dancing" says verse four
"Praise him with the clash of cymbals" and a big roar
"Let everything has breath praise the Lord"
"Praise the Lord" is an apt way to end Psalms' word

Psalm 150 is short and to the point
"Praise" the one who does not disappoint
By the time the word is seen the thirteenth time
It should be obvious what is the focus of this rhyme
The same message is present in many a hymn
And I don't think I am going out on a limb
When I say that praising God in good times and in bad
Should be a lifelong habit, not just a fad
I find this hard to remember some days
But then I try to think of all the different ways
That God has blessed all of us here on earth
And how much He believes that I am worth
With that in mind, no matter what the situation
I can give praise to the God of all creation

No comments:

Post a Comment