Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 November 2010 - Matthew 13:10-15

"Why do you speak...in parables?", Jesus' disciples asked
He said that between the disciples and the people there was a contrast
For the disciples had been given, according to verse eleven
"The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven"
Jesus also said that "whoever has will be given more"
"And they will have an abundance" of what is in store
He added that the people "though seeing,...do not see"
"Though hearing, they do not hear or understand" me
For the prophecy of Isaiah we should not disregard
"The people's heart has become calloused" and hard
If only people would understand with their hearts and turn
Jesus would heal them; why won't the people learn?

At times, I definitely feel like one of "the people'
Although I study God's Word and pray under the steeple
But at times, things seem even worse
It is as if I am living under a curse
For even the parables are beyond my comprehension
That gives me cause for much apprehension
But at other times, it all seems so clear
That is when His presence feels so near
So please dear God, let my heart be perceptive
And allow my body and mind to be receptive
And never allow me to be nonchalant
For a calloused heart is not what I want

No comments:

Post a Comment