Thursday, November 25, 2010

25 November 2010 - Psalm 100

I would like to use this psalm once again, if I may
For it is most appropriate on this special day
It is Thanksgiving Day in my home nation
A time of much eating and celebration
In thanks for God, family, friends, and crops not rotten
But over time, the religious roots have oft been forgotten
This is of course quite a shame
For the praise should be given to His name
This is important for me to remember
Every day from January through December
For no matter what life may throw at me
I am always thankful for God who loves me

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth
Worship the Lord with gladness” that comes forth
Come before him with joyful song
Know that the Lord is God” all the day long
It is he who made us, and we are his” for sure
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise
“Give thanks to him and praise his name” with voices raised
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever
His faithfulness will abandon us never

No comments:

Post a Comment