Monday, November 29, 2010

29 November 2010 - Psalm 143

"O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy"
"In your faithfulness and righteousness" come to relieve me
"Bring your servant into judgement" do not do
"For no one living is righteous before you"
"The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground"
"He makes me dwell in darkness" with death all around
"So my spirit grows faint within me"
"My heart...is dismayed", don't you see?
"I remember the days of long ago"
"I meditate on all your works" that I know
From verse six, to you I reach out my hand
"My soul thirsts for you like a parched land"
"Answer me quickly, O Lord, my spirit fails"
"Do not hide your face from me" and my ails
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love"
"For I have put my trust in you" who reside above
"Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord"
"For I hide myself in you" and your word
"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God"
"May your good Spirit lead me on level" sod
"For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life"
"In your righteousness, bring me out of trouble" and strife
"In your unfailing love, silence my enemies"
"Destroy all my foes" as I bow on my knees

At this point in time, this psalm is very apt
For my energy the enemy has really sapped
But I know that God's love will rule in the end
All of my wounds He will surely mend
So let me meditate on His word per verse five
And per verse ten, do His will while I am alive

No comments:

Post a Comment