Tuesday, November 23, 2010

23 November 2010 - Jeremiah 33:6-11

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to" the wicked city
"I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security"
"I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity" once more
Per verse seven, "and will rebuild them as they were before"
"I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me"
"And will forgive all their sins of rebellion" that I so often see
"Then this city will bring me...joy...and honor before all nations on earth"
For "they will be in awe and will tremble at the prosperity and" worth
"This is what the LORD says: ‘You say about this place"
It is a desolate waste, without people or animals” in the space
"Yet in the towns of Judah and...Jerusalem...there will be heard"
"The sounds of joy and gladness" and more than one praising word
"Give thanks to the LORD Almighty, for the LORD is good"
Verse eleven states "his love endures forever”, as it should
"For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before"
This is what the Lord promised; he delivers so much more

Healing and forgiveness and restoration
God offers these for every person and nation
But as I pray this Tuesday morning
I must also be aware of the warning
Those who rebel will pay the price
The result will not be very nice
So please dear God be with me today
So that I may walk in your desired way

No comments:

Post a Comment