Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3 November 2010 - 1 Peter 3:8-9

Peter tells us what we all should do
He starts verse eight with "finally, all of you"
And then says "live in harmony with one another"
"Be sympathetic, love" as you would a brother
"Be compassionate and humble"
Try to help them not to stumble
"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult"
"But with blessing", if the Bible you consult
"Because to this you were called"
Your blessings will never be recalled

I remember that Peter was a three time sinner
But he ended up as a leader and a winner
So his words should take on extra meaning
As my actions and soul need some cleaning
This passage reminds me to turn the other cheek
For the world shall be inherited by the meek
'Blessings' should be my word for the day
On it I will now go and pray

No comments:

Post a Comment