Monday, November 1, 2010

1 November 2010 - Psalm 95

From verse one, this is the Word:
"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord"
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving"
"And extol him with music" and our singing
"The depths of the earth" are in his hand
"The sea is his...and he formed the dry land"
"Come, let us bow down in worship"
"Let us kneel before" our Lordship
The alternative we should clearly dread
For to the Israelites this is what he said
"Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah"
"As you did that day...in the desert...at Massah"
"Where your fathers tested and tried me"
Though what I had done they did see
"For forty years I was angry with that generation"
Even though they were my chosen people and nation
"They shall never enter my rest"
Isn't it better to be blessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment