Sunday, July 4, 2010

4 July 2010 - Psalm 13

"How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?"
Will I be able to see your face ever?
"How long must I...have sorrow in my heart?"
When will my enemy ever depart?
Please answer me God and put a light in my eye
Or in sleep I might as well die
Then my enemy "will rejoice when I fall"
And brag about his victory to one and all
But in your unfailing love I do trust
In your salvation, rejoice my heart must
For this is the way it really must be:
"I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me"

This Psalm not only spoke to me
But was if my heart it could see
As a reminder it was apt and great
For losing to the enemy shall not be my fate
Even when I am overwhelmed by so many troubles
I remember that God's love more than doubles
I can not be brought down by today's sorrow
For I know with God, there is a better tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment