Monday, July 26, 2010

26 July 2010 - Psalm 91

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High"
"Will rest in the shadow of El Shaddai"
"He is my refuge and my fortress"
"My God, in whom I trust
", nothing less
"Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare"
"And from the deadly pestilence
" that is in the air
Verse four adds that "under his wings you will find refuge"
"His faithfulness
" will protect you from the enemy's deluge
"You will not fear the terror of night"
"Nor the arrow that flies
" in daylight
"Ten thousand" may fall "at your right hand"
But near you no bad thing will land
"You will observe with your eyes"
"And see the punishment of the
" one who lies
"If you make the Most High your dwelling"
"Then no harm will befall you
", verse ten is telling
"For he will command his angels concerning you"
"To guard you in all your ways
" they will do
"They will lift you up in their hands" for you are not alone
"So that you will not strike your foot against a stone"
"You will tread upon the lion and the cobra
" with the neck bent
"You will trample the great lion and the serpent"
"Because he loves me, says the Lord
", even if he is to blame
"I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name"
"He will call upon me and I will answer him
" on the double
Verse fifteen goes on to say "I will be with him in trouble"
"I will deliver him and honor him
" in times of desperation
"With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation"

This is yet another psalm
That brings me a sense of calm
For knowing that our loving God watches over me
Tells me that from troubles I will eventually be free

No comments:

Post a Comment