Wednesday, July 28, 2010

28 July 2010 - Psalm 51

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love"
"Blot out my transgressions
" with your "great compassion" from above
"Wash away all my iniquity"
"And from my sin
" cleanse me
For my transgressions I know
And my sin before me doth go
I have sinned against you and you only
"And done what is evil" as you can see
"I was sinful at birth" most assuredly
"Sinful from the time my mother conceived me"
"Surely you desire truth in the inner
" space
"You teach me wisdom in the inmost place"
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean"
"I will be whiter than snow
" has ever been
O God, "create in me a new heart"
"A steadfast spirit within me
" please impart
"Do not cast me from your presence"
Or take from me your Spirit most intense
"O Lord, open my lips", so my voice will raise
"And my mouth will declare your praise”
"You do not delight in sacrifice or
" it I would bring
"You do not take pleasure in burnt offering"
"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit
"
Plus "a broken and contrite heart" add to it
"O God, you will not despise"
For surely your followers will rise

I wake up in the morning
And reality hits without warning
There are times I forget to pray
Invariably that starts a bad day
Yes, Lord there is no doubt that I am a sinner
But also know that your love can make me a winner
Thank you for always being there
And carrying all the burdens that I bear

No comments:

Post a Comment