Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 July 2010 - Psalm 63

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you"
"My soul thirsts for you" in this land with no dew
"I have seen you in your sanctuary" and know your story
And I have "beheld your power and your glory"
"I will praise you as long as" my body stands
"And in your name I will lift up my hands"
On my bed you I will always remember
Even through the long nights of December
Because help is what my God brings
"I sing in the shadow of your wings"
Verse nine says that "they who seek my life will be destroyed"
Going down to the "depths of the earth" they cannot avoid
So "all who swear by God's name"
"Will praise him" and his glory proclaim
"While from the mouths of liars"
Silence is what God requires

As I awake on this Sunday morning
This psalm serves as a guide and a warning
To God I must look
And to read His book
For I know that He will hear my plea
And that He will always sustain me
I look forward to singing his praises
And feeling His Spirit that amazes

No comments:

Post a Comment