Tuesday, July 13, 2010

13 July 2010 - Psalm 22

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Why don't you seem to respond to my plea?
"I cry out by day" and "by night"
For "you are enthroned as the Holy One" with might
Our ancestors put their trust in you
They were not disappointed in what you did do
But mocked and insulted by men am I
For still trusting in you until the day I die
You are my God and brought me here
"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near"
"All my bones are out of joint"
"My strength is dried up"; that's the point
"A band of evil men has encircled me"
"People stare and gloat" at what they see
"But you, O Lord...come quickly to help"
"Deliver my life" from the dogs that yelp
To my brothers "I will declare your name"
"You who fear the Lord", bring him fame
For "the suffering of the afflicted one" he does not disdain
He "has listened to his cry for help" again and again
And then "all the ends of the earth"
Will remember the Lord's great worth
The Lord rules over every single nation
Kneel before Him should all of creation
In verse thirty 'posterity' is a key word
"Future generations will be told about the Lord"

This psalm reminds me once more
That God is who I should call for
He can overcome every challenge and attack
For love and strength He does not lack
This is what I must remember
From January through to December

No comments:

Post a Comment