Friday, August 6, 2010

6 August 2010 - 1 Peter 1:13-16

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled"
"Set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus" you behold
"As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had"
For "when you lived in ignorance" some of your actions were bad
"But just as he who called you is holy"
"So be holy in all that you do", however slowly
"For it is written" continues verse sixteen
To "be holy, because I am holy" says God unseen

These four short verses pack quite a punch
I will be revisiting them, I have a hunch
It is often a challenge to be self-controlled
To reject temptation before it takes hold
But to be holy is that much tougher to do
As it means applying all that I learn sitting in a pew
I cannot pick and choose
And act according to my own views
It is our calling that with God we should walk
That focus must be evident in all I think, do, and talk

No comments:

Post a Comment