Thursday, August 19, 2010

19 August 2010 - Psalm 34:12-19

"Whoever...loves life and desires to see many good days"
"Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from" lying ways
Per verse fourteen, "turn from evil and do good"
"Seek peace and pursue it" as we all should
On the righteous is the Lord's eye
"His ears are attentive to their cry"
"The face of the Lord is against those who do evil"
"To cut off the memory of them" and their future kill
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them"
"He delivers them from all their troubles" but does not condemn
"The Lord...saves those who are crushed in spirit"
For He answers our prayer, as He doth hear it

David wrote this whilst pretending to be insane
From Abimelech his freedom he did gain
And so this psalm encourages me
Perhaps from my troubles I will be set free?
"Perhaps" is the wrong word
As long as I trust in the Lord
Peace to me He will surely give
So that in His radiance I can live

No comments:

Post a Comment