Wednesday, August 18, 2010

18 August 2010 - 1 John 2:15-17

"Do not love the world or anything in the world", Paul doth state
"If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father" does not await
"For everything in the world", per verse sixteen
Such as cravings, lust, and boasting are unclean
For they "come not from the Father but from the world", Paul did say
Verse seventeen continues "the world and its desires pass away"
"But the man who does the will of God lives forever"
That would appear to be the approach most clever

This verse was mentioned in BSF last night
And although the message is clearly right
And is what Jesus, John, and Paul all say
That does not make it any easier to obey
For the world and its ways are oft so tempting for me
Even though I know God would clearly disagree
So please God help me to be focused on Your will
In that way, Your plans for me I may fulfil

No comments:

Post a Comment