Wednesday, August 4, 2010

4 August 2010 - Proverbs 1:20-33

"Wisdom calls aloud in the street"
"She raises her voice" where people meet
"She cries out in the city's gateways:"
"How long will you...love your simple ways?"
"How long will...knowledge" be hated by a fool?
"I would have poured out my heart to you"
"And made my thoughts known" too
"But since you rejected me when I called"
"No one gave heed"; I was appalled
Verse 25 says "since you ignored all my advice"
"And would not accept my rebuke" even once or twice
"I in turn will laugh at your disaster"
"Then they will call to me but I will not answer"
"Since they hated knowledge and did not...fear the Lord"
"Since they would not accept my advice" or my written word
"They will eat the fruit of their ways"
And suffer the rest of their days
"But whoever listens to me will live in safety"
"And be at ease, without fear of harm" says verse 33

The topic today is a 'warning against rejecting wisdom"
For being deaf to sage advice is really dumb
This starts with the word of the Lord our God
But also refers to what we learn around the school quad
Remember that we can learn from anyone
For our education is never really done
This is most true about knowing God's will
Without which our lives' purposes we cannot fulfil

PS. I noticed that yesterday was blog number one hundred
I am thankful for all the kind things that you readers have said

No comments:

Post a Comment