Tuesday, August 17, 2010

17 August 2010 - Philippians 4:8-9

"Finally brothers, whatever is true"
"Whatever is noble", in what others do
"Whatever is right, whatever is pure"
"Whatever is lovely" (that's for sure)
For "if anything is excellent"
"Think about such things" verse eight went
"Whatever you have learned...from me"
Paul said "put into practice" what you see
"And the God of peace will be with you"
Providing guidance and comfort all the way through

Paul has such a way with a word
It is clear that from God he has heard
Telling me that on praiseworthy things I should focus
Instead of reacting to negatives and raising a fuss
Paul is clearly a great and godly example
His leadership and discipleship were more than ample
And a lot of motivation and strength I therefore derive
Lord, please help me do likewise until you again arrive

No comments:

Post a Comment