Thursday, August 12, 2010

12 August 2010 - Micah 7:18-20

Verse eighteen asks "Who is a God like you"
"Who pardons sins and forgives" things that I do?
"You do not stay angry forever"
"But delight to show mercy" whenever
On us, "you will again have compassion"
That is a gift we do not have to ration
Verse nineteen says "you will tread our sins underfoot"
"Into the depths of the sea" our inequities you will put
"You will be true to Jacob and show mercy to Abraham"
"As you pledged...to our fathers", saying "I AM who I AM"

This passage is very uplifting
I can feel my mood shifting
For it reminds me that it is never too late
To commune with God, who is so great
As per the hymn, 'his love endures forever'
To ignore this would not be clever
I am grateful for His mercy and grace
Every day I long for His embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment