Monday, August 16, 2010

16 August 2010 - Psalm 86:6-13

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, listen to my cry for mercy" says verse six
"In the day of trouble I will call to you, for you will" my problems fix
"Among the gods there is none like you"
"No deeds can compare with" ones that you do
"All the nations you have made will come and worship"
"They will bring glory to your name" from each and every lip
"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth"
"Give me an undivided heart" until I am long in the tooth
"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart"
"I will glorify your name forever", from today I will start
"For great is your love toward me", my life you doth save
"You have delivered me from the depths of the grave"

Like many psalms this one focuses on praise
We should do so on both good and bad days
But two phrases are really apt for me now
I would repeat them if the format would allow
The 'day of my trouble" from verse seven
And an "undivided heart" per verse eleven
For the former, I must pray and have faith
For the latter, I must do as it sayeth
An undivided heart focuses on God's will
In return, God's love it will fill

No comments:

Post a Comment