Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 August 2010 - Romans 12:17-21

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil"
"Be careful to do what is right" and civil
"If it is possible...live at peace with everyone"
"Do not take revenge" for what others have done
"But leave room for God's wrath, for it is written"
"It is mine to avenge; I will repay" for the smitten
Instead, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him" without a stink
And "if he is thirsty, give him something to drink"
"In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head"
In this way, "overcome evil with good" instead

This passage takes things one step more
Than just praying for enemies as before
Now we are to help them - with a smile
As if we have been best friends all the while
I have had big problems with this
Preferring to stew in a silent bliss
So please Jesus help me to "overcome evil with good"
And live my life like I really should

No comments:

Post a Comment