Friday, October 8, 2010

8 October 2010 - Psalm 77

"I yell out to my God" through the day and night
Verse one continues "I yell with all my might"
"I found myself in trouble and went looking for the Lord"
"My life was an open wound that wouldn't heal" or be ignored
I didn't believe supportive words from my friends
But “I remember God” and try to make amends
"I'm awake all night - not a wink of sleep"
I go over past days and years and often weep
But then I remember "what God has done"
How he created everything under the sun
"I ponder all the things you've accomplished"
There is nothing more that I could have wished
"You're the God who makes things happen"
You fix people and things that are misshapen

I decided to use The Message instead of NIV
The Message is a version a friend wanted me to see
As expected, he is correct with his view
I should start to read other versions too
For today, in terms of Psalm seventy seven
It reminds me of truths about God in heaven
So please God help me fix my heart and soul
For your name is the one which I extol

No comments:

Post a Comment