Monday, October 18, 2010

18 October 2010 - Proverbs 4:20-27

"Dear friend...tune your ears to my voice"
Make learning my message your choice
Those who discover that these words have wealth
"Body and soul, they're bursting with health"
"Keep vigilant watch over your heart"
For that's where true life doth start
"Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth"
"Careless banter, white lies, and gossip" send you south
So "keep your eyes straight ahead"
By distractions don't be misled
"Look neither right not left" with lust
Instead, just "leave evil in the dust"

No matter which version of the Bible I read
It is clear that these are words that I need
So God, please allow your words to guide me
And allow your path my eyes to see
With temptations, there is a long list
Please God, help me to always resist

No comments:

Post a Comment