Thursday, October 7, 2010

7 October 2010 - Ecclesiastes 3:2-8

There is "a time to be born and a time to die"
"A time to tear down and a time to build" up high
"A time to weep and a time to laugh", says verse four
"A time to mourn and a time to dance" some more
"A time to search and a time to" end
"A time to tear and a time to mend"
Finally, "a time to love and a time to hate"
Even war and peace have their own fate

These words are often quoted
In all types of contexts I have noted
There is a time for everything, that is true
Reading beyond verse eight tells us what to do
Finding satisfaction in all things is one of God's gifts
And for me, knowing His eternal nature always uplifts
Another truth the passage tells me
Is that patient in these times I must be
For bad times, like good ones, come and go
I keep looking to the Lord, avoiding my foe

No comments:

Post a Comment