Tuesday, February 8, 2011

8 February 2011 - Untitled

When you have done everything that you could
And expect that things will turn out good
But instead the result is rather bad
Isn't it natural to feel a bit sad?

But then along comes an encouraging word
Often from the Bible or an angel of the Lord
Some days, it may be Psalm twenty three
Which always serves to reassure me
Or perhaps Romans five, verses three to five
Which helps my spirits to revive
On others, it may be a call from a friend
Which cheers me up to no end

So, dear God, hear my prayer today
Let nothing stand in my way
Let my focus be on doing your will
And let you my strength refill
Let me help others as best as I can
For they oft keep me from the frying pan
But most of all, let me be full of praise
And no matter what, to avoid malaise

No comments:

Post a Comment