Monday, February 7, 2011

7 February 2011 - Psalm 8 (redux)

Seven months ago I wrote the following rhyme
In some ways, quite a bit has changed in that time
But God's majesty will never ever change
For some on earth, this may seem strange
But for me, this provides a sense of peace
As I know that his blessings will never cease
So dear God, please hear my prayer
That I entrust myself to your care
That I remember that you are near
So no matter what, I do not fear

Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth
You deserve our praise from the time of our birth
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers
The sight of the moon and the stars still lingers
When I think of man’s place in your eternal plans
You made him ruler over the works of your hands
You gave us authority over all living things
Including animals, fish, and the little bird that sings
So when I reflect, I find I must proclaim
Yes, Lord, how majestic is your name

Yes, God's name and His work are to be praised
There are so many things at which I am amazed
When I take time to look at the world around me
The beauty of a flower, the flight of a bumblebee
Looking at things of nature fills me with awe
And that is only based on things I actually saw
But at the same time there is an onus ever present
For us to look after this planet must be God's intent
For with authority comes responsibility
There really is no other possibility
So I thank God for all he has created and done
And I know that my work has barely begun

No comments:

Post a Comment